USA Rugby Trust donors made a TREMENDOUS impact on the game in 2016! Thank you to each and every one of our supporters for your generous contributions – it was certainly an incredible year for rugby.
Through your generosity, USA Rugby Trust was able to give back to the rugby community in many different ways. Here are just a few highlights from 2016 that were made possible by you, our donors.
- Donors gave more than $1 million to support, promote, develop and grow the game of rugby at all levels in the United States.
- More than half of the funds raised were designated for the area of greatest need – these gifts are the most impactful for USA Rugby because they can be distributed to the teams and programs that need it most!
- 1,853 rugby fans became first-time donors to USA Rugby Trust.
- More than $41,000 was given to the Shanagher Morrison Referee Fund, providing an opportunity for three up-and-coming referees to to attend the South African Referee Rugby Academy in Stellenbosch, South Africa, for two months. The balance will be used toward establishing an endowment for the program.
- Nearly 100 USA Rugby items were donated to local organizations to be used as auction items to support their fundraising efforts:
- 10 jerseys
- 54 USA Rugby swag bags
- 33 track pants
- 1 jacket
A full impact report for 2016 will be made available later this year. If you would like to help make 2017 an even bigger year for USA Rugby Trust, click here.