LAFAYETTE, Colo. – USA Rugby today announced it is accepting nominations for two positions on its Board of Directors, to be seated in September 2017.
The Board of Directors – consisting of five independent directors, two international athlete representatives, and a representative of USA Rugby’s Congress under the chairman – is responsible for developing and implementing the annual operational plans of USA Rugby, as well as fostering the network of volunteers and expert advisory groups to assist in implementing the strategic and operational plans of the organization. The Board of Directors serve a 4-year term.
Qualified applicants should have executive-level experience with national for-profit or non-profit entities and familiarity with professional sports leagues or amateur sports associations. Applications will be reviewed by the USA Rugby Nomination Review Committee.
Nominations will be accepted from interested candidates and third parties through March 31. To submit a nomination and résumé, or for any related queries, contact USA Rugby Director of Human Resources Melissa Keyserling (email@example.com).
Founded in 1975, USA Rugby is the national governing body of the sport of rugby in the United States. It is charged with developing and maintaining high levels of quality for USA youth, collegiate, professional and Olympic rugby teams. USA Rugby is a member of World Rugby and a member of the United States Olympic Committee.
Current board members include:
- Will Chang, Chairman of the Board,
- Chairman of Westlake International Group
- Robert C. King, Vice Chairman
- Chairman, Gehl Foods
- Chad W. Keck, Director
- Vice Chairman, Needham & Company
- Robert Kimmitt, Director
- Ambassador, Senior International Counsel, WilmerHale
- Peter Seccia, Director
- Partner, Equities Division of Goldman Sachs
- Dean Barrett, Director
- Former SVP and Global Marketing Officer, McDonald’s Corporation
- Jeremiah Johnson, Congress Representative to the Board of Directors
- Business Analyst, Principal Financial Group
- Brian McClenahan, International Athlete
- Pam Kosanke, International Athlete