BOULDER, Colo. – Applications are now being accepted for the USA Rugby National College Academic Honor Roll. Each year, USA Rugby recognizes outstanding student-athletes who demonstrate excellence in the classroom. Since 2011, more than 1,200 college rugby players have been publicly acknowledged for their accomplishments as scholars and athletes.
To be nominated, a college rugby student-athlete must:
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher on a 4.00 scale at his/her current institution; and
- be at least a sophomore (second academic year) in class standing; and
- be a registered member of USA Rugby; and
- have completed one full calendar year at his/her current institution; and
- be an A-side player, starter, or reserve.
In the case of transfers and graduate students, the student-athlete must have completed one full calendar year at the current institution in order to be eligible.
A coach, team president, or club sports director may nominate deserving student athletes for the Honor Roll. Each nomination submitted must be accompanied by a valid copy of each collegiate student-athlete’s most recent transcript.
To nominate deserving collegiate student-athletes, please fill out this JotForm.
The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, June 26.